Construction Notice – Noise Variance Permit (Mar 14, 2022)Posted On: Friday March 11, 2022
March 14, 2022
The City of Vancouver has granted an extension to the Variance of Construction Hours for the New St Paul’s Hospital and Health Campus Project. PCL Construction as the General Contractor will be managing and overseeing this Project, with Darrin Joss (PCL) as the Site General Superintendent.
This noise variance notification is for:
- Monday-Friday: March 21, 2022 – April 21, 2022 – 6:00am to 7:30am & 8:00pm to 6:00am
- Saturdays: March 19, 2022 – April 16, 2022 – 9:00am to 10:00am
- This excludes all Sundays
During these hours, construction activities will take place at 436 Terminal Ave at the intersection of Terminal Ave and Prior Street. As the work at the intersection is heavily influenced by tidal variance, working around the clock will allow the contractor to complete the work in a shorter time frame, reducing the length of the impact to neighbours.
How are we reducing the impact to neighbours?
We apologize for the inconvenience. PCL takes considerable effort while organizing construction activities to ensure the neighbourhood endures the least amount of impact. Noise levels from this work will be tested and documented and we will avoid disruptive activities to the nearby residents. In addition, truck routes have been carefully and strategically selected to eliminate the use of backup alarms.
Excavation works during these hours will have the following benefits to the public:
- Reduced carbon emissions by hauling outside of peak traffic hours (less idling on City streets, increased fuel efficiency from uninterrupted traffic flow)
- Reduce the overall duration of the project as this will allow us to complete utility installation at a faster rate as we must work around considerable tidal variance
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Darrin Joss, PCL Site General Superintendent at (604) 335-2669 for further information.
Melissa Sanderson, PCL Communications Lead