Reflecting back on 2022Posted On: Wednesday December 21, 2022
Another year in the books! Take a look back at the progress we’ve made this year on the new St. Paul’s Hospital Project:
- Finishing excavation and kicking off the building phase
- Completing BC’s largest-ever concrete pour for a vertical project
- Testing room layouts with life-sized cardboard mock-ups
- Using virtual and augmented reality to determine lighting placement inside procedural rooms
- Getting a glimpse of the future hospital by building full-scale mock rooms with real walls and floors (get a sneak peek: CTV, Global, CityNews)
The new St. Paul’s Hospital Project is a big one, and so many people have contributed to our vision to transform patient care. Huge thanks to everyone involved! We’re looking forward to another great year.
In the Community
This winter, staff gathered at Thornton Park in the False Creek Flats to distribute hot chocolate and toques for the first pop-up Providence in the Park event in our new neighbourhood!
In the media
- Hear Fiona Dalton, President and CEO of Providence Health Care, speak to the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade on how the new St. Paul’s Hospital will be more than just a health care facility.
- Get a sneak peek at the future St. Paul’s Hospital! We’ve built full-scale mock-ups of future rooms at the hospital with real walls and floors. (CTV, Global, CityNews)
Latest from the ground
Hope shines bright on the new St. Paul’s Hospital construction site! PCL employees built a vibrant holiday display to raise awareness for St. Paul’s Foundation’s Lights of Hope campaign.
Concrete continues to be poured every day at the new St. Paul’s Hospital near Station Street. The concrete floors on levels P4, P3, and P2 of the underground parkade have now been poured, and we’re 30% through pouring floors for P1.
In 2023, you’ll really start to see the hospital take shape above ground. It’ll be a few more years of construction before the new hospital is expected to complete in 2026 and open to patients in 2027.