Newsletter: Our new research centrePosted On: Wednesday December 20, 2023
New research centre is officially on the way!
We’re thrilled to share that the provincial government approved the business plan and funding for the Clinical Support and Research Centre (CSRC) coming to our new campus, directly adjacent and connected by a sky-bridge to the new St. Paul’s Hospital.
“This new research centre will help define the future of medicine. We are going to see scientific breakthroughs translated into real-world health care, delivering better services and treatments for patients.” BC Premier David Eby
A look back at 2023
We’ve continued to make huge progress! In 2023, we:
- Poured concrete for levels 1 – 7 of the hospital, with work already happening for level 8
- Finished final checks on hospital room designs using life-size model mock-ups
- Unveiled the hospital’s interior design theme inspired by BC landmarks
- Signed with partners to help implement exciting technologies, including BC’s first Care Coordination Centre and technology that will help patients check referrals and manage appointments
- Connected with community members and neighbours
- Announced the Clinical Support and Research Centre (CSRC), our new world-class research, medical and technology complex on campus
Thank you and Happy Holidays
The scope and scale of building a new hospital and medical campus are huge. We’re thankful to everyone who has supported and been part of our journey to transform patient care.
Wishing you a safe and happy holiday season and happy New Year!